Doorway to the Void
Open the door to find a universe that feels a little like home, but also a little wrong.

Preliminary Doodles - General Alaam

Labels: ,
In one of my previous posts, I've mentioned the Princess General Alaam who, in addition to commanding the forces of the Ripmorum in the city of Nevanne, is also the the adopted human daughter of the Akhae (i.e. Queen) Niamh E.K. Onuris.

Alaam was actually the first character I created when beginning work on the Void, and in fact popped into my head so fully formed that it was almost alarming.  Just having that image of her proceded to inspire a lot of the other material and notes I've made over the past year about the universe of the Void.

So you can understand that while I've been wanting to get her out of my head and onto paper (or digital 'paper') nothing I could sketch was coming close to what I was envisioning, and it became a little daunting. Well finally I put a couple of doodles down in my sketchbook that I think are at least a good starting off point from which to build.  You'll be hearing much more about Alaam and about her character in the future.  Hopefully I'll be able to do some more flushed-out paintings and drawings of her soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

While remaining devoted to the pleasure and agony of creating art, making a callow but enthusiastic attempt at writing fiction, and being gainfully employed by Irrational Games in Boston as an Environment Modeler and Concept Artist, Laura now devotes her time to chronicling the misadventures of certain characters within the parallel universe familiarly referred to by the masses as "The Void." Along with sharing these various tales, stories, narratives, records, allegories and anecdotes, she also provides colorful sketches in order to paint a vast and complete picture of this strange and wonderful place.
Follow TheRealLZimm on Twitter

Followers

Labels